Sunday, September 19, 2010

Slap in the face


 Today is a day I don’t think I will ever forget….
After a long day (3 ½ hrs ) @ the Golf Pro Store … We decided to stop @ the local Red Box to get a movie and watch as a family before we went to bed… little did we know a reality check was in store for us…
God works in mysterious ways….


Wes got out of the car to return a movie we had previously rented and there was a homeless man sitting there… on the concrete.. With two signs that read “ will work for cash…. And another one that read “ homeless” …. my heart broke … sitting there in front of this man , in my nice AC SUV and my beautiful babies in the back… my eyeballs just started flooding…
My mind was racing… what can I do to help this poor man??? I have to do something…and keep my kids safe!!
When Wes was through with the Red Box he came to my window and asked if we had any extra cash… I gave him what we had with no questions asked…
He came out of the store with bags full of food and drinks for this man….. I don’t know if Wes felt the amount of concern I had on my face for this man or if he felt the same…
While we were sitting there in my car waiting on my husband, still  at the Red Box another man came out and sat down beside the homeless man and gave him a sandwich.. … Wes overheard the conversation.. The man that sat down beside him claimed to be homeless as well living in the woods and was praying that it wouldn’t rain tonight…
Any day that could be anyone of us…..

I am truly thankful for my babies, my life, my family, and my God……



No comments:

Post a Comment